Sunday, March 06, 2011

A Rapidly Expanding Universe

Friday, March 4th was an amazing day for a couple of reasons.

First, Hazzardous Universe was released and the early buzz has been extremely positive (i.e.Jessica Day George, author of Dragon Slippers, gave it 5 out of 5 stars).  And I have to admit, at risk of sounding a bit egotistical, the book is amazing.  I can say that because Julie Wright is brilliant and did a wonderful job crafting the story of Hap Hazzard.  It's a fun, imaginative book that kids and parents can definitely enjoy together.  I'm very grateful to be working with Julie on this project. 

Second, my art show opened at Gallery at the Station in Ogden, Utah.  I've been looking forward to this for several months, but never dreamed it would receive such a great response.  I don't think I've ever talked to so many people in such a short span of time.  Thank you to all of you who stopped by.  You made my day . . . heck, you made my week, month, and a good chunk of my year.

I'm hoping March 9th will be an equally good day.  Julie and I will be at the Barnes and Noble in Murray (53rd South State), Utah, to celebrate the launch of Hazzardous Universe.  If you are in the area, please come by and say hello between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm.  Hope to see you there.


No comments: