Friday, December 01, 2023

Current Art Shows and a Thank You


 

A few years back, I left my career in art and teaching to work as a dean and later as a principal in public education. While in those roles, I gave my best, focusing on my responsibilities in leadership, but I knew I had set aside my artistic ambitions for a while. Last year, feeling the pull back to my creative side, I made the tough call to leave my position as a principal. Now, I'm the Director of Professional Development at Gibbs Smith Education. It's busy, but it gives me the emotional space to pursue drawing, painting, and writing again. It feels like relearning skills after a long break, but I'm excited about improving as an artist and writer. This year, I've been lucky to contribute to several art shows and writing projects. Currently, I have four pieces in two shows in Utah. If you're in Ogden or Salt Lake City, I'd love for you to check them out!

December 4-January 1 -  ExhibitFemme Fatale; Artwork(1) Aphrodite and (2) The ShadowGallery: Urban Arts Gallery; Salt Lake City, Utah; www.urbanartsgallery.or

December 1-January 27 - ExhibitPetite Expressions; Artwork(1) Garden Muse (2nd place award) and (2) The Birdhouse; Gallery: Eccles Art Center; Ogden, Utah; www.ogden4arts.org

I appreciate the support that so many have given this year. 

No comments: