Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Isle of Doctor Necreaux

A few months ago I had the chance to draw 65 spot illustrations for a new table-top game called The Isle of Doctor Necreaux, published by Alderac Entertainment Group. The website is now up and the game is scheduled for release on July 20, 2009. The cover art was done by Scott Purdy and I did the interior illustrations. There are a few sample illustrations on the Necreaux website, although it doesn't show my favorites. After the game is officially released I might post a few.

1 comment:

Jonathan L. said...

As the designer, I'm terribly curious to know what your favorite Necreaux illustrations are. Now that it's released (GenCon), you can let us know.

I like:
* Martyr (makes me chuckle)
* Plasma Ghost (flouts expectations)
* Doppelgängers (nice interpretation)
* The "parasite quartet" (parallel mechanics, parallel designs)

Your art does a great job of bringing character to the characters and monsters in the game. I particularly enjoy the similarities and differences in how I visualized what the monsters would be like and your interpretations of them. Thank you!