Tuesday, April 18, 2023

New Art: The Return

 



"The Return"

©2023 Kevin Wasden

Digital Painting in Procreate

Fine Art Prints Available

This painting was inspired by song lyrics by my friend, the amazingly talented Kira Gatiuan.



The song:
“To Live In The Sun”

V1
Light is filling up my vision now
And I’m seeing everything in gold
Feels like nothing before this was real
This new sight I see is something old

Chorus:
Could I walk those floors like sea of glass
And in his glory stand
Knowing who he is
And be happy with who I am
To live in the sun?

V2:
Scared a sinner begs for cleanliness
To be lent at gate of perfect white
Fast instinct my hand goes to take his
To let him guide me through paradise

Chorus:
Could I walk those floors like sea of glass
And in his glory stand
Knowing who he is
And be happy with who I am
To live in the sun?

Thanks @kikafromkirkland for sharing your talents.

Artist’s Statement:

I am drawn to religious symbolism and the transformative power of faith. In this painting, entitled "The Return", I have sought to capture the moment of spiritual transformation that comes through repentance and redemption.

The central figure in this painting kneels humbly before the Savior. Her posture is one of humility and contrition, and her expression is one of surrender to a higher power. The Savior, meanwhile, is depicted placing a halo (crown of glory) upon her head. This is a symbol of the power of grace to transform even the most broken among us. The use of gold accents throughout the painting serves to emphasize the glory of this transformative moment.

It is my hope that this painting serves as a reminder of the power of grace to transform our lives and lead us on a path of greater spiritual fulfillment.

No comments: